“The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.”
The Flipped Classroom model transfers certain learning processes outside the classroom to enhance knowledge acquisition in class. Migrant families face obstacles due to language barriers, lack of understanding of the education system, and lack of resources. This is why supporting them and promote Family Learning can help. Intercultural Mediators can help hereby. They play a crucial role in fostering positive relationships between migrant students, their families, and the school community. This project provides useful resources to support this process and all people involved.
Intercultural Mediators and organizations who train them
Migrant families, students, youngsters and parents
The aims of the project
- To establish a cooperation partnership and an open community of practice between teachers, educators and other professionals working in schools, organization supporting migrant families and entities experts in pedagogical innovation.
- To define a new Matrix of Competencies on Flipped Learning for migrant families through Family Learning.
- To design and implement an ICT-based pedagogical tool to support virtual educational delivery and management: the FLIPPMI Online Campus.
- To co-create a Practical Activities Set on Flipped Learning for migrant families through Family Learning.
Results of the project
- Matrix of Competencies – A structured set of competencies based on EU standards and methods on Flipped Learning for migrant families through Family Learning.
- Online Campus – A new ICT-based educative tool for Intercultural Mediators.
- Practical Activities Set – A practical tool with a series of comprehensive methods, exercises and activities to be applied by Intercultural Mediators in their daily practice supporting migrant pupils and parents.
Innoquality Systems is project partner responsible for content elaboration and internal evaluator of this project. Furthermore the following partners are part of the consortium:
- Coordinator – Le Monde des Possibles | Belgium
- Institute for the Promotion of Development and Training (INFODEF) | Spain
- Asociación La Bien Pagá Espacio Escénico (LBP) | Spain
- KIST Consult | Austria
- Government of Istanbul – Istanbul Valiligi (GOI) | Türkiye
- Iasis | Greece
- Directorate of Secondary Education, Lasithi | Greece
- Innoquality Systems | Ireland