“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I learn.”
The aim of ABCD4ME – APPs Based Competence Development for Migrants Entrepreneurship is to increase the economic integration of migrants by supporting the development of skilled and qualified digital entrepreneurs. The project wants to support VET teachers and trainers with innovative tools and methods, namely an online digital database, digital learning platform, EQF and ECVET informed design of curriculum proposal and methodological handbook for transferability in a European context.
VET teachers, educators and trainers working in the field of financial, entrepreneurship and digital competence
Migrants from disadvantaged backgrounds, especially from economically underprivileged and poor linguistic competence
Why this project?
If Europe wants to stay competitive in the digital age, we need to focus on building digital literacy and skills at all levels of education. The European Commission has proposed a digital education play action plan to help make this happen. We need to create an agenda to strengthen digital skills throughout society, and we should also make sure that young people have access to quality digital training throughout their careers.
Migrants are at risk in terms of employment
The employment rate among migrants has dropped since the global COVID-19 pandemic outbreak according to the European website of integration. Based on our measure of employment risk, we calculate that approximately 3.1 million EU mobile workers in EU14+UK countries are at risk of becoming unemployed due to the pandemic, accounting for 31% of the 10.2 million employed workers in the region.
Results of the project
- Online Digital Database for migrant entrepreneurship in a digital economy
- Training Curriculum including a theoretical framework and pedagogical basis
- Digital training platform for learning via apps for migrant entrepreneurship in a digital economy
- ABCD4ME Pedagogical Handbook with useful tipps for implementation and supporting target users and beneficiaries
Innoquality Systems is project partner responsible for content elaboration and internal evaluator of this project. Furthermore the following partners are part of the consortium:
- Coordinator – Le Monde des Possibles | Belgium
- Institute for the Promotion of Development and Training (INFODEF) | Spain
- KIST Consult | Austria
- Government of Istanbul – Istanbul Valiligi (GOI) | Türkiye
- Innoquality Systems | Ireland