Within the Assess Plus project, work is ongoing into the development of content for ASSESS PLUS Virtual Campus (IO2). This process will create a structured set of innovative Training contents and Practical Activites on Skills Audits in Adult Education, developed on the basis of the European Framework of Competences (IO1).
INQS is responsible for learning unit 1, which outlines Knowing and applying the legislative framework and background of skills audit and which focuses on:
- Describe the laws regulating skills audit in his/her own country / sector
- Applying the legislative framework of skills auditing;
- Describe the laws regulating skills auditing;
- Observe legal regulations relevant for implementing skills audit;
- Select the useful documents to set up skills audit;
- Use computer programs to build databases with relevant information to design skills audit programmes;
- Prepare contractual arrangements with potential users;
Responsibility & Autonomy
- Find information on the national and the European educational systems;
- Organize the documents and collected information inside an updatable database
As part of this process, we can share some of the draft content for this output here. The below outlines an overview of the status of the process of trying to identify information about finding useful specfic skills audit information
While broader reports such as the above can serve as a guide for you in gathering a very general awareness of what kind of requirements surround skills auditing in your country, it is important before conducting a skills audit to try and identify any legislative frameworks, regulation bodies or legal regulations for implementing skills auditing. To this end, a more useful tool if you wish to gather more substantial information on legal frameworks and regulations surrounding skills audits in your country or sector is the European Inventory on Validation .
Be aware also that you may need to look to your own sector – including legal frameworks within that, professional body requirements, etc to see what manner of regulations surround skills audits in your area.
For more information and resources, please check out http://www.assess-plus.eu