As part of the ongoing Assess Plus project, work is ongoing into the development of O3 – a “practical and innovative ICT-based tool designed to to evaluate competences on Skills Audits in Adult Education included in the European Framework of Reference.”. To date, INQS has undertaken a wide range of research and examinations into the potential approaches to such an app with a view to supporting the user experience and to develop a resource which will be of use to the target audience, to project beneficiaries and to stakeholders.
If we consider that Assess Plus is a project representing and supporting a teaching process (through the excellent Assess Plus VOOC), the app would be used as part of, or following the end of IO2 training. In this capacity, it is important to note that the app should serve a purpose which is closely linked to
- Supporting or enhancing the IO2 training
- Following completion of IO2, but prior to applying what was learned
- Supporting or enhancing the application of what was learned
With this in mind, we are currently looking at potential avenues for the app for each of the outlined scenarios above with the intention to develop an app that fits the desired purpose of the project, in line with the other project outputs, including
- IO1 – An innovative and unexampled European framework of Competences in Skills Audits for Adult Education
- IO2 – The ASSESS PLUS Virtual CAMPUS, a multilingual ICT based training hub and platform including different elements of innovation
- IO4 – Guidelines to promote transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications through Skills Audits in Adult Education
Watch this space for more details on the app development!
For more information and resources, please check out http://www.assess-plus.eu