The Touristic Project began in September 2019 with an aim of finding new and innovative answers to all challenges by upskilling disabled people in Digital Skills applied to the design of innovative commercial services and products in Online Accessible Tourism, creating new skills pathways and labour opportunities for disabled people in Europe, supporting ICT-based teaching and assessment practices and promoting the transparency, validation and recognition of skills and competences acquired through OER.
To do so, seven European adult education providers, experts in working with people with disabilities and digital education and digital solutions applied to develop training and resources from six countries, Greece, Spain, Turkey,
Ireland, Portugal and Slovenia, worked together to co-create a set of innovative tools and digital solutions, all of which are now fully available, including:
- A European Framework of Reference on Digital Skills for Online Accessible Tourism
- A Touristic Virtual CAMPUS, that includes
- An Online Instructional Guide on Digital Competencies for Virtual Learning;
- A set of structured Training Modules
- A VET Open Online Courses (VOOC)
- A Touristic Web Assessment App
- A set of guidelines to promote transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications through Digital skills
Further to this, the project has piloted all of the above with I-VET and C-VET teachers, trainers and managers working with the project beneficiaries – people with disabilities, students interested in the area of disabilities, tourism and hospitality students, alongside national experts and stakeholders.
Having been fully piloted and evaluated, the project has had a direct positive impact on:
- Partners and organizations who were involved in the project activities have improved their skills and knowledge for accessible tourism.
- The I-VET and C-VET teachers, trainers and managers working with people with disabilities.
- The tourism education sector will can now count on new instruments to improve the provision of accessible tourism, adapted to different assessment contexts and to the needs of the European market.
- An additional audience includes tourism businesses and bodies who are seeking to become more effective in accessible tourism provision, but who are not sure how to do so.
You can learn more about the project and its results at https://touristic-upskilling.eu/